Monday, July 9, 2012

Off the charts

Years ago I remember seeing a life stress questionnaire that measured the amount of stress in your life based on the events happening in your life.  Such things as moving, divorce, sick family member, change in job status, etc. were listed on the questionnaire.  For fun, I did an online search to find such a questionnaire.  Now, I don't need to complete a questionnaire to know that our life has been extremely stressful the last 12 months, but I was curious just how stressful.  According to the questionnaire I used, the scoring goes something like this:
Greater than 300, highly significant life stress
200-300, significant life stress
150-200, moderate life stress
Less than 150, low life stress

Any guesses on what my score was? A whopping 395. You can say we have had a significant amount of stress in our lives lately.

No comments:

Post a Comment